» Our Partners
»ATV Reviewss
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   1000rr.com Forums > CBR Forums > 954RR Talk

954RR Talk General talk about the CBR-954RR

Old 06-11-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
Psquared

Default Fuel pump problem

Hey all, not too long ago I posted about having an EFI light coming on. It cleared it self after I reset the ecu. Well, the problem came back, but now it's 10x worse. Actually, it's not driveble. When you turn the key to the ON position, the fuel pump usually kicks on to pressurize the fuel system, then shuts off till you start the bike. Well, Now the fuel pump won't shut off. It runs constantly, and is making a clicking noise. Almost sounds like a servo or something clicking. I have 9000 miles on it and can't imagine the fuel filter being clogged. The bike does start and run, but the EFI light and check engine light are on and flashing. Anyone have any thoughts??
Psquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #2
FastFreddieRR

Ps, You have to check and see what faults are stored in the ECU. remove the seat and you'll see a white 2 pin connector not connected to anything, w/ key off put a jumper wire in the holes and turn on the key w/ the ignition kill swicth set to run, and count the numbers of times the red light flashes and let me know what number it comes up with, i'll tell what you it is.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
Psquared

GNT hooked me up with the manual on CD, but i'll post up here just to make sure i'm doing it right. I didn't do anything with the plug, (but yes, I see it under the seat) With the key to ON, the light flashes 3 times fast, then 5 times slow after that. Would that be 8 total, b/c if it is, the manual says its the TP sensor. Is that the throttle position sensor?? If it is, I may try to follow the manual and meter the plugs it says to check how much voltage there is....anything beyond that, is gonna be honda's deal. I'm still concerned with the constant running fuel pump. When you turn the key to ON it just runs and runs, it is making a clicking sound too.???
Old 06-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #4
Psquared

Okay, I used a jumper wire.....The light flashes 1 long, followed by 1 short then stops.....then it flashes 3 long , followed by 5 short flashes. meaning codes: 11 and 35. right?
Old 06-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
FastFreddieRR

PS, did you do a flapper mod in the intake box? or put a full exhaust system on it? did you disconnect the speedo? Since you hear a clicking noise , open up your air box and ck the servo motor for the flapper.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
Psquared

No flapper mod. I havea 3/4 yosh system, but it's been on there for almost a year and no probs. before. I checked the service manual CD and it's leaning toward the speed sensor connectors, or sensor itself. And a faulty EGCV and air intake valve servo motor. Why would these problem just come up?? Only 9000 miles on her.?? My other problem is if you have seen in OPEN ROAD, my movers stole half of my life from me and they took my tools too. I don't have any allen keys to take off the Ohlins to lift the tank.... :evil:
Old 06-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
C420sailor

Send a message via AIM to C420sailor

does the yosh system eliminate the HTEV?
'83 V65 Magna SUPERCHARGED - Black
'83 V45 Magna - Black
FLY NAVY!!!
C420sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 06:52 PM   #8
FastFreddieRR

That sucks about loosing your shit, you gotta get in there and ck that servo. Milage probably has nothing to do w/ it, sometimes shit just happens, you just have to deal w/ it and fix it. good luck!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 07:17 PM   #9
Psquared

No I went with the 3/4 system b/c I didn't want to eliminate the HTEV b/c I didn't want to deal with any check engine lights, or servos or hanging cables anywhere. The sound is coming from the lower left side of the gas tank. That's why I assumed it was the fuel pump. But by reading the manual, its suggesting other things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement