Oil Change 101 : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.com
» Insurance
» Honda 1000RR Prices
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviewss
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   1000rr.com Forums > CBR Forums > 1000RR Talk > How To Section CBR-1000rr

How To Section CBR-1000rr Photo's and instruction's to help you with these Modification's

Old 10-19-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
By-Tor

Send a message via AIM to By-Tor
Default Oil Change 101

Steps to change your own oil.

1: Warm engine for a couple minutes. This will thin out the oil making it easier to drain.

2: Remove the brake side lower plastics.

3: Locate drain bolt (see the finger? :lol: )

4: Place drain pan under drain bolt and remove bolt with a 12mm wrench and allow oil to drain

5: Reinstall drain plug. Remember to replace drain bolt washer at every 2nd oil change. You can get these at your Honda parts counter.

6:Time to remove the oil filter. I like to slip a piece of cardboard between the engine case and header pipe to create a little valley for the oil to flow down. If you don't do this, you'll have oil all over your header pipe. Remove the filter by twisting counter-clockwise. You should be able to do this by hand, but it might be in your best interest to buy the correct size filter wrench.

7: Instal new filter. Be sure to rub a little bit of fresh oil on the rubber seal first.

8: Time to fill her up with 3.3 quarts of your favorite oil. Make sure your bike is sitting on both tires and standing straight up and down to check the level in the site glass.

9: Start bike and let it run for 30 seconds or so to circulate the oil and saturate the filter. Re-check oil level and look for any leaks.

Now you can be happy to know that you did this all by yourself 8)

Proverb 2112: "Fast is a relative term. I'm slow when compared to faster riders. Turbo is faster when compared to his former self. But Turbo will always be slower when compared to me"
By-Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
CBRage1000rr

Default Re: Oil Change 101

Thanks alot guys

CBRage1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
mugoo

Send a message via MSN to mugoo

i made a thread about diffrent oil grades * best engine oil and spark plugs * but i dont get to find it.

anyway, i went to this local oil store and they had the mobile1 GOLD CAP .. but i read something in the forums that it should or should not have SOMETHING which is not good for the clutch.. i wanted to know what it was .. or do they only have one type of GOLD CAP?
mugoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
DWT74

I use castrol 10w40 in everything i own and have for years without a problem
DWT74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
blacknight
darker than light

mugoo the type of oil you want is non-energy conserving. Look on the back of the oil label and see if it has the energy conserving oil label on it. Most likely mobil 1 oil will be...
blacknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:37 AM   #6
adb

y is it hard to see the oil in the lil oil window? i cant tell the difference.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
jacksodt

Thanks for the pointer about the cardboard to make a valley...I used to use a water bottle that I cut the bottom out of but it still made a mess. lol
jacksodt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement