Checking in [Archive] - 1000RR.com Forums

Checking in

Terry
12-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Hey folks, thought I would post to wish you all happy holidays & stuff. I havent been around much cause of my condition. Bout 5 months ago I woke up with bad pain in my back, & after x-rays & cat-scan my doctor tells me that I have severe degenerative arthritis in my spine. All the years of moto-x, & quad-x, flippin, crashin, bashin, car wreckin, 4x4 rollin, football, boxing, etc. etc. has caught up with me. Greatly accelerated by my 25+ years of ciggarette smoking. Doc has me off work for a few days to get me to rest & relax, because my job just aggravates my condition. The good news is, I quit smoking cold turkey, no patch, no gum, no crutch. Havent had a smoke in almost 5 months, & the cravings are fuckin gone. I am proud of myself for doing it, it was tough at first, but every time I had a craving, I would see the grim reaper laughing at me, telling me, "go ahead, ya weak ass pussy bitch, SMOKE CIGGARETTES!"
So, I wish you all Happy Holidays. Stay Safe.
Terry

B.T.W. I still have my 954, & I WILL KEEP RIDING. I just need to get my pain under control. I love you all.

gntbldr
12-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Right on Terry!

well not so right on with the degen. I've had the same thing for the past decade almost.
You'll get through the real hard spikes and then it'll be an everyday chronic pain you'll learn to adapt to.
It sucks but life's worth it.

Merry Christmas brother and have a safe and Happy New Year.

:cheers:

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

hardcharger
12-22-2006, 12:54 PM
welcom man, and I'm glad to see your gettin better. or at least improving your life. nice bike by the looks of the avatar.

CrashTestDummie
12-23-2006, 01:07 PM
:applause: Good job man. Way to tell the grim reaper to fuck off. My dad has the same problem with his back. It's no joke. I wish you good luck.

vt954
12-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Good to hear from you Terry. Sorry to hear about your back. And CONGRATULATIONS! on quitting smoking. That's impressive.

Happy Holidays Terry.

olderRR.
12-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Really sorry to hear about your back. Chronic pain can be very hard to deal with. I hurt my back (sciotic nerve) and I hurt pretty bad for about a year and it was very tough. Finally the docs found a relaxer I could take and then I could sleep at night. That made ALL the difference. Something will get you through this and you'll be a better man because of it. And, your attitude is great and kicking smoking is not easy! Way to go! Have a great holiday!

Courtjester
12-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Damn dude. I hope you get back to good very soon man. I wissh you the very best. and congrats on stopping smoking. that's some tough shit to do. i've not been able to quit yet. and you did it cold turkey... that's something to be proud of for sure.
best wishes and happy holidays to you as well.
take care man.

1WHEELMAX
12-28-2006, 01:31 PM
damn Terry, I hope it gets batter for you soon.

Truck
12-28-2006, 05:21 PM
So you got a jump start on the new year resolutions hu, well more power to you and congratz!
Hate it for you on the pain,,,,,All i can say is i feel your pain brother. Inversion table helpled me the most.

Take care and Merry Christmas.:thumbsup: